River Hills Governing Body Structure and Board Members
River Hills Governing Body Structure
The governing board consists of elected official annual appointments from the five-county service area. There are forty-two total appointing authorities. The total board appointments make up the Full Commission, which meets quarterly. The Full Commission elects the twelve-member Executive Board that meets monthly to conduct routine agency business, which is then ratified by the Full Commission. River Hills currently employs four permanent staff and a seasonal intern as funding allows.
As stipulated in the authorizing legislation for Regional Planning Commissions, the membership of the Commission shall be as follows:
- One county commissioner or qualified person appointed by the county commissioners from each member of the county: Clark, Floyd, Harrison, Scott and Washington Counties.
- One county councilman from each member county: Clark, Floyd, Harrison, Scott, and Washington Counties.
- One person appointed by the mayor or town board president of each of the seven largest cities or towns within each member county having a population over 50,000.
- The county surveyor or a qualified person appointed by the surveyor, of each member county having a population over 50,000.
- One person appointed by the mayor or town board president of each of the five largest cities or towns within each member county having a population under 50,000. If there are not five cities or towns in the county, the county commissioners shall appoint enough persons, at-large, to bring the total to five.
- One person appointed by the Governor of the State of Indiana.
Legal Counsel - Beau Zoeller, Frost Brown Todd
Accountant - Jill Oca, CPA
2020 Executive Board Members
Chair - Adam Dickey, City of New Albany
Vice Chair - Michael Killen, Clark County Surveyor
Secretary - Steve Meyer, Scott County Commissioners
Treasurer - Elizabeth (Betsy) Blocker, Town of Lanesville
Charlie Smith, Town of Sellersburg
Chris Welch, Floyd County Commissioners
Mayor Justin Green, City of Salem
LaMicra Martin, Floyd County Commissioners
Paul Hamann, Town of Corydon
Mayor Terry Amick, City of Scottsburg
Mayor Treva hodges, City of Charlestown
2020 Board Members
Dylan Fisher, Town of Clarksville
Kevin Vissing, Clark County Council
Martha Whetsell, Town of Utica
Perry Smith, Clark County Commissioners
Ruth Sparks, Town of Boarden
Delynn Rutherford, City of Jeffersonville
Adam Roberts, Floyd County Council
Brian Smith, Floyd County Commissioners
Don Lopp, Floyd County Surveyor
John Schellenberger, Floyd County Commissioners
Melanie Douglas, Town of Georgetown
Christall Ingle, Town of Palmyra
Donnie Hussung, Harrison County Council
Jim Heitkemper, Harrison County Commissioners
John Lisenby, Scott County Commissioners
Robert Peacock, Scott County Council
Dolly Bricker, Town of New Pekin
Gerald Fleming, Washington County Council
Preston Shell, Washington County Commissioners