River Hills Governing Body Structure and Board Members
River Hills Governing Body Structure
The governing board consists of elected official annual appointments from the five-county service area. There are forty-two total appointing authorities. The total board appointments make up the Full Commission, which meets quarterly. The Full Commission elects the twelve-member Executive Board that meets monthly to conduct routine agency business, which is then ratified by the Full Commission. River Hills currently employs four permanent staff and a seasonal intern as funding allows.
As stipulated in the authorizing legislation for Regional Planning Commissions, the membership of the Commission shall be as follows:
- One county commissioner or qualified person appointed by the county commissioners from each member of the county: Clark, Floyd, Harrison, Scott and Washington Counties.
- One county councilman from each member county: Clark, Floyd, Harrison, Scott, and Washington Counties.
- One person appointed by the mayor or town board president of each of the seven largest cities or towns within each member county having a population over 50,000.
- The county surveyor or a qualified person appointed by the surveyor, of each member county having a population over 50,000.
- One person appointed by the mayor or town board president of each of the five largest cities or towns within each member county having a population under 50,000. If there are not five cities or towns in the county, the county commissioners shall appoint enough persons, at-large, to bring the total to five.
- One person appointed by the Governor of the State of Indiana.
Legal Counsel – Beau Zoeller, Frost Brown Todd
Accountant – Jill Oca, CPA
2023 Executive Board Members
Chair – Adam Dickey, City of New Albany
Vice Chair – Michael Killen, Clark County Surveyor
Secretary – Steve Meyer, Scott County Commissioners
Treasurer – Melanie Douglas, Town of Georgetown
Charlie Smith, Town of Sellersburg
Chris Welch, Floyd County Commissioners
Mayor Justin Green, City of Salem
LaMicra Martin, Floyd County Commissioners
Steven Day, Harrison County Council
Mayor Terry Amick, City of Scottsburg
Mayor Treva Hodges, City of Charlestown
2023 Board Members
DeLynn Rutherford, Town of Jeffersonville
John Hagest, Town of Borden
Kevin Baity, Town of Clarksville
Martha Whetsell, Town of Utica
Perry Smith, Clark County Commissioners
David Ruckman, Clark County
Heather Peters, Town of Greenville
Brad Striegel, Floyd County Council
John Schellenberger, Floyd County Commissioners
Jeremy Kramer, Floyd County Commissioners
Shawn Carruthers, Floyd County Commissioners
Don Lopp, Floyd County Surveyor
Caitlin Rotherock, Town of Crandall
Amanda Ballew, Town of Lanesville
Brad Wiseman, Harrison County Commissioner
Robert Hickman, City of Austin
Lyndi Hughbanks, Scott County Council
Adam Bomar, Scott County Commissioners
Greg Prince, Scott County Commissioner
Dolly Bricker, Town of New Pekin
Mark Abbott, Washington County Council
Preston Shell, Washington County Commissioners